Nestled between the mountains: a vacation home in the Mad River Valley
It may be the dog days of summer, but there’s still a lot of moovement here in the Green Mountain state. Today we ventured to Waitsfield, which is a quintessential Vermont town in the Mad River Valley—an area known for world-class outdoor recreation, eclectic energy, and all the farm-to-table cuisine (and beer!) that our state is known for. While this is an area with a lively year-round population, Waitsfield is also a prized location for vacation homes—which is what brought Moov to the Valley today.
After searching for years, our new clients, have finally found their home away from home in the woods of Vermont, and they’ve partnered with Moov to help make it feel that way. Their new mountain house is nestled into a wooded lot with postcard-worthy mountain views. This space will become their haven—a place to escape the fast-paced, city living that is their current everyday life. It will be a place to relax and enjoy their friends, family, and of course, the great outdoors.
While the family looks forward to many long weekends and vacations spent here, Moov is looking forward to creating a welcoming and cozy space for them. From top to bottom, room to room, no detail will be overlooked:
- We’ll start big with refinishing the floors, painting the walls, and contracting out repairs.
- We’ll select furniture, lighting, and artwork.
- We’ll bring in elements of nature, to reflect the beauty that surrounds them, while implementing all the unique features of the home as focal points. The use of hardwood, hand-hewn beams, stone and metal will help guide the decisions used for the interior decorating.
- We’ll even make the beds with fine linens for their arrival.
- And last but not least, we’ll make sure they are stocked with the makings for the perfect gin and tonic to savor the last sips of summer. That’s how we say, welcome home!
This is the exact kind of project that we love to do here at Moov—taking the stress out of moving and helping folks truly feel at home.